Cosmetics are everywhere these days, and that makes it harder and harder for us to figure out which are worth it, and which aren’t. If you’ve ever done a search for makeup blending sponges, you will have been overwhelmed at the sheer number of sponges that cropped up on your screen. Again, this makes it hard to figure out the whole mess – you don’t want to invest in a product that is going to fail you in your own needs.
What you look for in a blending sponge is probably quite common, because this is not really something which is that personal. When you did that search, you probably saw the JPNK teardrop blending sponge in that mix too.
JPNK aren’t the biggest name in the cosmetics world, but they are certainly up and coming, and more and more makeup artists are beginning to incorporate them into their repertoire. Of course, this is a very affordable brand, which makes it ideal for home use.
What Are The Benefits of The JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge?
As with most teardrop shaped blending sponges, you have a relatively 3 in 1 kind of deal here – you can reach into those small, hard to reach areas, thanks to the pointed end, and you can contour easily too. Obviously learning how to contour is another matter but once you know the basics, this particular sponge will help you achieve the benefits quite easily.
The JPNK teardrop blending sponge is shaped as such to allow you to reach the small areas, such as the sides of the nose, under the eyes, and to cover up blemishes, with the bottom of the sponge ideal for medium sized areas, including the forehead. The sides are larger, and that means they are perfect for the cheeks, but also for contouring. The fact that the sponge is black also means that you can see where the cosmetic is that you’re trying to apply, and you won’t over-apply as a result.
The sponge can be used wet or dry, and when it is wet it doubles in size. You can use the sponge wet for liquid cosmetics, such as foundations, concealers etc, and dry for powders, including eye shadows too. The sponge is also known to be great for applying moisturizers to the entire face, as well as BB creams, which have made a big splash in the cosmetic world in the last few years.
If you have sensitive skin then this is a good blending sponge for you, because it is latex free and 100% vegan and cruelty free too – you’re giving yourself a karma boost by using this sponge.
Who is the JPNK teardrop blending sponge made for?
At the current time JPNK is really a brand for the home user, but it is becoming more and more prevalent in the beauty world for professionals. The fact that this sponge is so affordable is a major plus point.
The Pros and Cons of the JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge
You might think that every teardrop blending sponge is the same, but that’s really not the case. Some sponges are of a higher quality than others, and it’s important to find the one that is best for you and your needs. You don’t always have to go for the biggest named brand in the world to find good quality, and in this case that particular explanation is very true.
Let’s check out the pros and cons of the JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge.
- The sponge is black and that really makes a big difference in terms of how much product you apply. You can easily see where the product is on the sponge and you can stop yourself from applying too much, to give you that ‘caked’ appearance.
- Latex-free and cruelty-free sponge. If you have a sensitive skin problem then this sponge is not going to cause issues. If you have particular beliefs, again, this is not going to be a problem.
- Easy to wash and easy to use. Cleaning this particular sponge is really no problem, and as a result, it is very easy to use too. The sponge doubles in size when wet, and that means you can easily apply liquid foundation and other cream cosmetics. Powders are better applied dry, but the shape of the sponge makes precision easy.
- Low cost. This is one of the lowest cost sponges on the market and it is easily accessible too. Whilst at the current time this is more for home use, make up artists are using it more and more, because of its quality and also because of its cost.
- Tapered edge and flat sides means you have a 3 in 1 application process.
- If you are going to choose between this sponge and some of the bigger names on the market, you would probably choose the bigger names. Yes, you would pay more, but the reputation would speak for itself. This is an up and coming brand, and as such not many people realize about the JPNK brand.
- Because the sponge is black, it is going to show the cosmetic easily, which means it will look dirty quite quickly.
We mentioned that this particular sponge is easy to clean and that is certainly true. If you don’t know how to clean a blending sponge however, you might struggle! It’s quite easy, you just need to know how. You can easily purchase aids to make this whole process easier, such as the UNeed Silicone Makeup Brush Cleaning Pad, for example.
To clean a blending sponge, simply wash the sponge in warm water, and squeeze out the excess. You could add in a gentle baby shampoo if you want to give it a really good clean, and that is certainly a good idea with a black makeup sponge. To do this, simply add a very small drop and lather, but make sure you rinse and wash out the excess suds really well. Once the water is running dry, leave it on a tissue in the window to air dry.
As you can see, the JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge is certainly a high quality product, and for the low cost, you can’t complain! If you’re ready to get the JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge you can get it here at Amazon.
JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge Review
The JPNK Teardrop Blending Sponge is certainly a high quality product, and for the low cost, you can’t complain!